Thinking of coming to the University of Toronto, and more specifically, Innis College? As the costs of attending post-secondary institutions are on the rise, both the university and college work hard to make sure you are adequately financially supported for your achievements and needs. Check out the links below to read more about the scholarships, awards and aid available to you:
Innis College Awards
The Innis College Council, through it’s Recruitment, Admissions and Awards Committee issues several awards to incoming Innis students. For the most up-to-date information on awards and application forms, see the Scholarships page on the Registrar’s website.
As of January 2011, there are three awards given to first-year students. They are:
- Innis College Admission Scholarships.
- Automatic, based on academic merit in high school.
- Value: $1000 to $2000. 16-20 awards issued.
- Innis College “Kitchen Sink” Award.
- Application Required, based on academic achievement and involvement in school and community.
- Value: $750 to $1000. 1 award issued.
- John W. Browne OSOTF Admission Award.
- Application Required, based on leadership and contribution to the life of their high school and/or community.
- Ontario residents only. Financial need required.
- Value: $750 to $1500. 1 award issued.
University of Toronto Academic Scholarships
- Financial aid is available from a variety of sources. Be sure to check with your local government ministry responsible for post-secondary education. In Ontario, visit the OSAP website.
- The University operates a program called the University of Toronto Advance Planning for Students (UTAPS) that can help in addition to government support or funding from a First Nations band.
- Citizens of the United States should read the University’s summary page regarding the U.S.A. William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program.